All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination For Admission Under 50% Seats Quota In MD/MS/Diploma And MDS Courses In Medical & Dental CollegesApplications are invited in the prescribed form for All India Post Graduate Medical/Dental Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE-2009) to be conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences on Sunday, the 11th January, 2009 for admission under 50% seats quota in various Postgraduate (MD/MS/Diploma & MDS) courses in Medical and Dental Colleges in the country run by the Union of India, State Governments (except Government of Andhra Pradesh and J&K) and Municipal or other local authorities.
Last Date for submitting AIPGMEE 2009 Application Form - Oct. 20, 2008
AIPGMEE 2009 Eligibility Criteria:
(1) Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
(2) The candidate must possess MBBS/BDS degree from a recognized Medical/Dental College or a foreign degree included in the schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 AND full registration either from the Medical/Dental Council of India or State Medical/Dental Council after completing the compulsory rotating internship.
(3) Candidates who have obtained MBBS/BDS from Medical/Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible to apply. However, candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare/D.G.H.S., New Delhi) to do MBBS/BDS from Medical/Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to apply, subject to submission of requisite documents specified in the Prospectus.
(4) The candidates should complete the required period of 12 months pre-registration internship from a recognized Hospital on or before 31st March, 2009.
The Prospectus-cum-Application Form costing Rs. 1000/- for General/OBC candidates and (Rs. 800/- in case of SC/ST candidates) inclusive of examination fee can be obtained in the following manner:
(I) Against cash payment from any of the following branches of State Bank of India between 11.09.2008 to 03.10.2008. ( See Next Col. Last)
(II) By Post: The Prospectus-cum-Application Form can also be obtained through Speed Post/Registered Post by sending a written request with an account payee Bank Draft for Rs. 1050/- for General & OBC candidates and (Rs. 850/- in case of SC/ST candidates) in favour of “AIPGMEE-2009”. The Bank Draft issued by the S.B.I. should be drawn on State Bank of India, Service Branch (CODE NO. 7687), New Delhi and should be valid upto March/April 2009. The request must reach the Assistant Controller of Examinations, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110 608 before 03.10.2008. Request received thereafter will not be entertained. Money Order/Cheque/Postal Order/Cash or any other form of payment will NOT be accepted for postal sale. The words “REQUEST FOR APPLICATION FORM FOR AIPGMEE-2009” should be written on the envelope containing request for application form, and also on top of the request letter. The address at which Application Form is required should be written clearly in CAPITAL LETTERS and with Pin code. AIIMS will not be responsible for delay in/non-receipt of Application Form caused by illegible or incomplete address.
(1) Candidates must obtain Prospectus-cum-application forms ONLY from an authorized branch of S.B.I. or by post from Examination Section of AIIMS. Forms obtained from an unauthorized source will be rejected.
(2) Candidates are advised to procure prospectus-cum-application forms as early as possible instead of waiting for the last date. If the Application Forms are sold out before the last date of sale and the same are not available, AIIMS/State Bank of India or its specified branches will not be responsible for any consequences that may arise due to non-availability of forms. In case a candidate does not get the form through Post Office in time, AIIMS will not be responsible for such lapses.
Schedule for the sale of Prospectus-cum-Application Forms:
1. Against cash payment by above listed branches of S.B.I. (except Ansari Nagar, New Delhi): 11.09.2208 to 03.10.2008
2. Against cash payment from S.B.I., Ansari Nagar, (AIIMS Campus Branch), New Delhi: 11.09.2008 to 10.10.2008
3. By post against Bank Draft from the Office of Asstt. Controller of Examination, A.I.I.M.S.: 11.09.2008 to 03.10.2008
Last date for receipt of completed applications in Examination Section, A.I.I.M.S.:
10.10.2008 upto 5.00 p.m. (Extended upto 20.10.2008 - 5 P.M.)
Note: After the last date, applications received by courier or by any other means will not be accepted, irrespective of the date of booking.
This Admission Notice is also available on the internet at www.aiims.ac.in and www.aiims.edu